Try the best free torrent program for your PC, without the annoying ads.
The qBittorrent project aims to provide an open-source software alternative to µTorrent.
Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, macOS, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD).
qBittorrent is based on the Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar library.
Go ahead and try qBittorrent, you won’t regret it!
A lot of other BitTorrent clients exist but qBittorrent has several advantages:
- Open-source/Free/Libre Software (you can see the code and see what qBittorrent is doing).
- It is the closest open-source equivalent to the extremely popular (and Windows only) BitTorrent client: µTorrent.
- Its development team is very active and friendly.
- Very stable and it has a low footprint (generally, 20-60 MiB of RAM used), whilst providing all the features you may need.
- Uses the high-tech libtorrent-rasterbar library, which means greater download and upload speed as well as excellent support of the latest features of the BitTorrent protocol.
- Easy to use and all of its features are well documented.
- International program, supports Unicode and containing translations into more than 70 languages.
Is it legal to use qBittorrent?
qBittorrent is a peer to peer (P2P) file sharing software.
Although the software is perfectly legal, it may be illegal to download restricted content with this software, depending on the law in your country.
1. Download : qBittorrent
2. Install the program. Done!!
qBittorrent is developed by volunteers in their spare time.
If you like this piece of software, please make a donation and help it survive.
Donation info here.
If you want to help in translating qBittorrent, see these instructions.